Saturday and it has been raining the whole day–well almost. At least our little man’s wish came true, at last! Whenever we go somewhere he’d nag and say, “Mom, I would just want to stay at home during the weekend as well. Not having to go anywhere and do anything. Just be lazy at home.” So his wish is my command! But before the day ended, he admitted that he finds it boring not being able to do anything on his free day.
So for our lazy Saturday dinner, I treated my family with a home cooked maple glazed salmon. This is a very easy and delicious recipe! Trust me! If I can do it, so can you! 😛
What you’ll need:
- 3 pieces of Salmon fillet (or 4 if there’s 4 of you)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- cayenne pepper
What to do:
- Finely mince the garlic, mix in with maple syrup and adding up the soy sauce and mix all three ingredients well.
- In a Pyrex dish (or any other), arrange the salmon and pour over the maple marinade. Marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge, flipping it over half way through.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C
- In a different dish, grease the dish with olive oil and arrange the salmon in the dish, seasoned with cayenne pepper. Brush a bit of the marinade on top of the salmon, but don’t discard the rest of the marinade.
- Place it in the oven for 15 minutes. Flip the salmon over and place it back in the oven for 7 minutes.
- In a saucepan, pour the rest of the marinade and let it boil while continuously mixing it, until the sauce is reduced to 1/4 cup of its measurement.
- When the salmon is ready, pour the sauce evenly on top of the salmon.
- Garnish with onion rings.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, cooked potatoes or whatever… and don’t forget some vegetables.
Let me know if you tried this! 😀